An Arrangement in Five Parts for Intermediate Ukulele Big Band
C6 Tuning (g, c, e, a). Click here to change tuning.
That's right, ukulele big band. If you've always wanted to experience the thrill of playing in a swing orchestra, now's your chance. Arranged by James Hill, this tried-and-true score has been a hit at ukulele festivals and workshops across North America. Now it's your turn to take your ukulele group/class/jam to the next level!
There are so many great things about this arrangement we had to list them in point form:
- It's 100% high-4th-string friendly (i.e. no "low 4th" string required)
- Each of the five ukulele parts are presented in standard notation AND tablature
- For ensembles as small as six players (or as big as you dare!)
- Easy jazz chord diagrams are provided (most require two fingers or less and they sound oh-so fabulous)
- Graded parts: each of the five parts is graded (Uke I = hardest, Uke V = easiest) so that there's something for everyone!
But that's not all... not even close. Your Alexander's Ragtime (Big) Band download package (a 25Mb .zip file) is jammed-packed with everything you need to get your ukulele group swingin', including:
- The complete conductor's score (7 pages)
- Ukulele parts I, II, III, IV, and V (4 pages each)
- A recording (mp3) of the complete score played by James Hill
- A transcription of James' solo to give you ideas for your own improvisations (plus a recording of the full score without the solo)
- A practise recording (mp3) of each part (with count-in)
- Teaching/learning notes including key points, rehearsal suggestions, and more.
Isn't it time you played some big band music with that little ukulele? Call up some friends, print out your parts and get swingin'! A-one, a-two, a-one, two, three, four...