An Arrangement in Four Parts for Beginning Ukulele Big Band
C6 Tuning (g, c, e, a). Click here to change.
If you can't see the audio player
you need the Flash plugin
That's right, ukulele big band. If you've always wanted to experience the thrill of playing in a swing orchestra, now's your chance. Arranged by James Hill, this intermediate-level score is a fun way to take your ukulele group/class/jam to the next level!
There are so many great things about this arrangement we had to list them in point form:
- It's 100% high-4th-string friendly (i.e. no "low 4th" string required)
- Each of the four ukulele parts are presented in standard notation AND tablature
- For ensembles as small as five players (or as big as you dare!)
- Jazz chord diagrams are provided
- Graded parts: each of the five parts is graded (Uke I = hardest, Uke IV = easiest) so that there's something for everyone!
But that's not all... not even close. Your Ja-Da download package (a 17Mb ZIP file) is jammed-packed with everything you need to get your ukulele group swingin', including:
- The complete conductor's score (3 pages) Free sample! (PDF)
- Ukulele parts I, II, III, and IV (2 pages each) Free sample! (PDF)
- A recording (mp3) of the complete score played by James Hill
- A note-for-note transcription of James' solo to give you ideas for your own improvisations (plus a recording of the full score without the solo)
- A practise recording (mp3) of each part (with count-in)
- Teaching/learning notes including key points, rehearsal suggestions, and more.
Isn't it time you played some big band music with that little ukulele? Call up some friends, print out your parts and get swingin'! A-one, a-two, a-one, two, three, four...