A Four-part Mini-score for Beginning Ukulele Big Band
D6 Tuning (a, d, f#, b). Click here to change.
If you can't see the audio player
you need the Flash plugin
Want to explore the Ukulele Big Band sound but not ready to dive headlong into a full-blown arrangement like Ja-Da or Limehouse Blues? Try this four-part mini-score. It's an inexpensive, easy way to learn the essential rhythmic, stylistic and technical elements of a Ukulele Big Band chart.
Highlights of this arrangment include:
- It's 100% high-4th-string friendly (i.e. no "low 4th" string required)
- All four parts fit on a single page (making rehearsal prep a snap and giving everyone a "bird's eye view" of the music)
- For ensembles as small as five players (or as big as you dare!)
- Easy jazz chord diagrams are provided (most require two fingers or less and they sound oh-so fabulous)
But that's not all! Your When the Saints Go Marching In download package (a 1.2Mb ZIP file) also includes:
- A recording (mp3) of the complete score played by James Hill
- Teaching/learning notes including key points, rehearsal suggestions, and more.
Isn't it time you played some big band music with that little ukulele? Call up some friends, print out your parts and get swingin'! A-one, a-two, a-one, two, three, four...